Friday, April 8, 2011

Proud To Be His Wife!!

You will NEVER believe what my husband did! Well, at least if you have know my husband at all you wont believe it... 

He DELETED over 2,000 songs from his itunes (and I must say, our computer is running A LOT better)!! If it wasn't a song that he would let his daughters listen to, it got the axe. It's one thing to decide that you wont let your children listen to certain songs, but it's another thing to hold yourself to that standard as well...

Music has always been a major part of Nathaniel's life.  He plays the drums and guitar, has a ridiculous music collection, and has music knowledge that I could really care less about totally baffles me! So for him to give up these things is a really big deal.

This decision isn't totally out of left field...About 8 months ago he discovered christian rap and hip hop and I would say it has been a major part of his christian walk and igniting his fire for Christ. If you are riding in one of our cars you will likely be subject to the powerful lyrics of one of his (or Ava's) favorite rappers....and p.s. it really is great to hear your four year old singing about Jesus being the King of Kings!

It's easy to make excuses for the kind of music we listen to by saying that it doesn't effect our actions or our thoughts.  I don't buy that. What I listen to totally effects me and I see it effect others. It's not just hard on your hard drive, but also your soul. 



Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned? Proverbs 6:27

Hip hop music doesn't have to glorify people who sell drugs, disrespect women (and women disrespecting themselves), promote violence, only care about pleasing themselves and doing what makes them happy. It can glorify the Lord. Who knew??

So, per Nathaniel's request I've added some new music to my playlist. I hope the words inspire you like they have our family! And maybe I can get Nate to do a follow up post (which would be much better than mine :)

If he's truly raised to life
Then this news should change your life
And by his grace you can put your faith in place that rules your days and nights


0 comments: