Monday, January 31, 2011

A Finger-Printing Crazy Morning


I just had a crazy productive morning and it's not even 10 a.m....

Our check cleared at USCIS on Wednesday and by Saturday we still hadn't gotten our letter with our finger-printing appointment. This only mattered to me because I was going to go try to get our fingerprints taken the SECOND we got the letter in the mail in order to speed things up and Nathaniel was having to fly out of town on Monday morning by 9a.m. So, if we didn't get them done before today it would be at least a week before we could try again...and putting something off a week could put us behind many weeks!

Our mail doesn't run until around 2:30 p.m., so I got online and saw that our post office didn't open until 8:30. I called them at 7:20 a.m. anyway, and someone actually answered the phone!  I told them that we were waiting on a very important document from The Dept of Homeland Security and that I needed to intercept it if possible. He told me that I would have to trace down our mail carrier and asked my address. And, what do you know? Our mail carrier was walking by at just that moment so he put him on the phone. Our very nice mailman got on the phone and he told me he should know about 9 a.m....I explained our time constraints and he put me on hold for five or so minutes and actually went to find our mail. He got back on the phone and informed me that we did in fact have a few pieces of mail from Homeland Security and that I could come get it before the post office opened!! YAY!!!!! Best Mailman EVER!!!!

So, then I call my wonderful sister in law, Audrey, and wake her up to ask her to come watch the girls...She was actually very excited to be woken up early for this bit of news and came over to save the day! Then I tell Nate as he's getting in the shower that we ARE getting our fingerprints done on the way to airport and to move quickly.  I headed to the post office to pick up our mail and would meet Nate at the finger-printing place (which is literally down the road from the airport...perfect!)

When you get letters from the Homeland Security for fingerprinting it has a pre-set appointment date listed for you. Ours was set for February 24th.  However, I had heard from many people that the office in Nashville is super nice and will let you get yours done early if they are not busy.  Well...they were BUSY....lots of people were in there and I got nervous, but went in anyway.  I told the woman our situation and she was SUPER nice and said "Of course!"...YAY! Somehow, Nate's letter didn't come in the mail, so they made him a new one with no complaints! I filled out a form and they give me my number (94) and then Nate arrived, filled out his form and got his number (100).  They were at number 89 and it was already 8:25a.m...we were cutting it close so I asked if Nathaniel and I could trade numbers and the very nice woman decided on her own to let us both SKIP the ENTIRE line. WHAT???  We were fingerprinted and out of the door by 8:35!! YAY, again!!

God was working behind the scenes this morning to make everything fall into perfect place between 7:30 and 8:35 a.m. to bring us one step closer to getting our sweet baby boy!! He IS good!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

To clarify, I was watching The Today Show from bed, not totally asleep. :) However, I was thrilled to come watch the girls for such a perfect morning of God's timing!

Becky said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your morning...sounds super stressful but wonderful to be finished with that step!